You must be logged in to post a review.
An easy way to make fresh tomato paste in the Thermomix.
1. Put the tomatoes into the Thermomix bowl, whatever you can fit. I managed to squish the tomatoes down with the lid.
2. Chop for 10-30 seconds on speed 6.
3. Add salt, sugar, oil and bay leaves.
4. Cook for 40 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1.
5. Turn speed slowly up to 6, then build up to 9. Pulverise for a minute.
6. Scrape the mixture from the sides down into the bowl, then cook for another 40 minutes as above.
Keep repeating steps 4 and 5 until the tomato paste is the consistency and colour you prefer. Because the tomato paste in the photos was a first attempt, I erred on the side of caution, not wanting to burn it, but I think next time I’ll try to reduce the mixture further, making it more of a deep red. You can also add red capsicums (bell peppers) to the mixture, too.
This recipe won’t keep long in the fridge, so I froze it into blocks, with only a small amount kept in the fridge.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!