You must be logged in to post a review.
Sweet and savory cranberry chutney for your Thanksgiving table!
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Then add the red onion and sweat it for 5 minutes.
2. Add the cranberries and stir to coat, cooking for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the red wine and let the wine pick up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the star anise and the cinnamon as well as the water, reduce the heat to low and put a lid on the pan.
4. Cook for 20 minutes and then remove the lid.
5. Add the sugar and the red wine vinegar and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat until much of the liquid has cooked off and the chutney has thickened up. Season to taste with Kosher salt. Remove the star anise and serve hot or chilled.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!