You must be logged in to post a review.
Chocolate for breakfast? Yes, please! Whole wheat flour for fiber, cocoa powder for antioxidants and banana for potassium.
1. Preheat your waffle iron per the instructions from the manufacturer.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry stuff: flours, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In another medium, whisk together the wet stuff: milk, eggs, bananas, applesauce (or oil) and vanilla. (Be sure to mash the bananas first. I tried to shortcut the procedure by just trying to mush them with the rest and created myself a longcut.)
4. Add wet banana mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix until combined.
5. Load your waffle iron and cook through. Serve with syrup and sliced bananas.
(Recipe adapted from Meal Makeover Moms.)
A twist on a classic quiche, with a new and fun crust!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!