You must be logged in to post a review.
All of the toasted, crunchy goodness of oven granola … but made on the stove top!
1. Place nuts in a large skillet. Toast over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until nuts start to turn a light golden brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in the oats, oat bran, flax seed, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the syrup, vanilla, honey, water and butter. Drizzle over the nuts and stir until nut mixture is coated. Press the mixture together with a spoon to form chunks if you like larger pieces of granola.
4. Cook for 25-35 minutes or until oats turn a light golden brown. Stir every 5 to 10 minutes to prevent burning.
5. Spread granola out on a paper towel to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!