You must be logged in to post a review.
A warm and comforting breakfast treat. A delightful change from the everyday oatmeal.
1) Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the butter in a square (9×9 or 8×8-inch) baking dish and place in the oven to melt while the oven preheats. Make sure to keep an eye on the butter, or it will burn! Remove it from the oven once melted.
2) In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, maple sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well, making sure all of the oats are moistened.
4) Remove the pan with the butter from the oven. Pour the oats mixture into the pan and stir, mixing until most of the butter is incorporated, but leaving some unmixed at the edges and bottom of the pan.
5) Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden, about 30 minutes. Serve hot with cream.