You must be logged in to post a review.
Everything I’ve ever needed in a pancake recipe. Fluffy. Buttery. Puffy. Comfort-y. The perfect vehicle for a smattering of berries or dark chocolate chips.
The secret ingredient to these puffy pancakes lies in the separated egg. Make sure to separate the yolk from the white and stir in the white at the very last step!
1. Heat a griddle over medium heat and cover with a thin layer of neutral oil, such as canola or vegetable oil. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, soda, and baking powder.
2. In another medium bowl, whisk together egg yolk, butter, buttermilk, and milk.
3. Add yolk mixture to dry mixture and stir gently until barely combined.
5. Add egg white to the mixture and stir until a thick, lumpy bumpy batter forms. Stop before the batter smooths out! The egg white may not even be all the way incorporated. That’s okay! We like lumps and bumps in our pancake batter.
6. Drop mixture by the 1/2 cupful onto the preheated pan. (If using, sprinkle blueberries, chocolate chips, or other mix-ins onto the surface of pancakes.) Cook until bubbles start to appear on the exposed surface of the pancake. When bubbles appear, flip pancake and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until browned. Keep finished pancakes warm in a single layer on a baking sheet in an oven preheated to 200ºF or serve immediately with butter and warm real maple syrup. (I know, I know, the real stuff is expensive. But as they say, ain’t nothin like the real thing baby!)
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!