You must be logged in to post a review.
Pancakes that taste like carrot cake with that distinctive cinnamon roll swirl … and of course, cream cheese glaze!
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and brown sugar. Add in eggs, buttermilk, yogurt and vanilla. Whisk until just combined. Gently stir in shredded carrots. Set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat.
3. Prepare cinnamon swirl by stirring together the cooled melted butter, cinnamon, flour and brown sugar until well-combined. Pour mixture into a Ziploc bag. Let it sit for a few minutes to thicken.
4. For the glaze: Put the cream cheese and butter into a bowl and beat it with a whisk or use an electric mixer until creamy. Add in the sugar, vanilla and milk. Beat until well-combined. Using all of the milk will make it more of a glaze than a frosting, so use the amount of milk that’s needed to reach your desired consistency. Set aside.
5. Lightly spray the hot skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Pour pancake batter onto the skillet using a 1/3 cup measure. Spread batter into a circle using a spatula. Fit as many as you can onto the skillet without them running together.
6. Snip off the very end of the Ziploc bag with the cinnamon mixture. Starting at the center of the pancake, squeeze a spiral of the cinnamon mixture onto the top of the pancakes. When pancakes start to look bubbly on top and the edges start to turn a light golden brown, after about 2 minutes, flip pancakes over to the other side. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Remove pancakes to a plate. Carefully wipe off skillet with a paper towel. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray and repeat with rest of batter and cinnamon mixture.
8. Right before serving pancakes, drizzle with the cream cheese glaze. Eat up!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!