You must be logged in to post a review.
Put your leftover red beans to work! Being delicious, that is.
1. In a small skillet, heat the beans over high heat until they start to simmer. Reduce heat and keep at an uncovered simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened and pasty.
2. In a skillet large enough to hold a tortilla, heat a thin layer of vegetable oil over high heat, roughly 1/2 cup. When hot, add a flour tortilla and cook for 20 to 30 seconds (it will puff up in the center). Turn over with tongs to cook the other side, until golden and toasty. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with second tortilla.
3. Discard the oil in the skillet and return it to a high heat. Add the salsa; when it boils, reduce heat to a low simmer.
4. Crack each egg into a small bowl. Gently pour out each egg onto the salsa, sprinkle a little salt over them, and cover the pan. Simmer covered until the eggs are set to your desired degree of doneness, about 4 to 8 minutes. Turn off the heat.
5. Place a tortilla on a plate, then top with beans, salsa and eggs, and finish with cheese, cilantro, sour cream, and guacamole. Ole!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!