You must be logged in to post a review.
A breakfast cake loaded with cinnamon, brown sugar streusel, and cinnamon chips … and lightened up with whole wheat flour and yogurt!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 9×9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set pan aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together sugars and butter. Add eggs and beat until creamy. Beat in yogurt until combined. Slowly mix in milk until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until just combined. Stir in cinnamon chips.
5. Spread batter into prepared baking dish.
6. In a small bowl, stir together all of the streusel ingredients (everything but the cinnamon chips). Sprinkle over the top of the batter. Sprinkle cinnamon chips over the top.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow cake to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into pieces.
9. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Easy breakfast sandwich you just cook in the broiler in a few minutes! Also great on a whole grain bagel.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!