You must be logged in to post a review.
Easy biscuits from scratch and Jimmy Dean sausage gravy served with scrambled eggs.
For the biscuits:
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. In a bowl mix the milk and Bisquick until mixture thickens.
3. Divide dough into 2 parts and spoon parts onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle a pinch of salt onto each biscuit portion.
4. Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown in color.
For the sausage gravy:
1. Place a small pot over medium heat on stove top and cook 1/3 of a roll Jimmy Dean Regular Pork Sausage (until browned). I like to add a lot of pepper at this point to flavor the meat.
2. Add the lard or drippings (I used sausage and bacon drippings I keep in a jar in the fridge). Turn down stove burner to low.
3. Add flour and milk into sausage mixture and mix well.
4. You may add gravy browning or flavoring if you like. It helps improve the brown color of your gravy if you keep it in your pantry. Mix well and let simmer until biscuits are hot and ready to serve!
Serve biscuits topped with sausage gravy.
Easy breakfast sandwich you just cook in the broiler in a few minutes! Also great on a whole grain bagel.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!