You must be logged in to post a review.
Croissants and French bread combined with egg and blueberries create a rich but light-textured French toast bake. Top with streusel and pour on some buttermilk syrup for a heavenly breakfast!
1. Place bread cubes in a greased 9×13 pan. Toss bread with blueberries.
2. Soften cream cheese and butter in the microwave and combine with vanilla and syrup, whisking until smooth.
3. Add eggs. Then add milk and cream, whisking to combine.
4. Combine sugars, flour and cinnamon for the streusel. Pour melted butter over sugar mix and combine with a fork or fingers until it looks like wet sand. Set aside.
5. Pour egg mixture over bread and refrigerate for 3 hours up to overnight.
6. When ready to bake, remove from fridge and sprinkle streusel evenly over the bread.
7. Bake at 375ºF for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, set, and a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
8. Serve warm with buttermilk syrup if desired.
Easy breakfast sandwich you just cook in the broiler in a few minutes! Also great on a whole grain bagel.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!