You must be logged in to post a review.
Tender, flaky and moist Banana Scones—perfect for slathering with Nutella!
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF and prepare a sheet pan with a silpat or parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the dry ingredients. Pulse in the cold butter.
3. In a separate bowl combine the banana, 2 tablespoons heavy cream and egg and mix them together well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and pulse until the dough comes together well.
4. Turn out onto a floured surface and gently form into a disc. Slice into 8 scones.
5. Put the scones on the prepared sheet pan and rub the top of each with the remaining heavy cream, and then sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake the scones at 400ºF for 10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!