You must be logged in to post a review.
The perfect breakfast to grab on your way out the door. These muffins are packed with fiber, protein and great flavor.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a 12-count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl whisk together pureed yam, applesauce, egg whites, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Once incorporated, add in your flour and baking soda and mix until just combined. Divide the batter in half and set aside.
3. In a small bowl whisk together your cream cheese, sugar, protein powder, egg white and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
4. Spoon half of your batter equally into twelve muffin tins. Then equally divide your cream cheese filling between the twelve tins. Top cream cheese filling with the remaining half of the batter.
5. Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes until tops began to firm and brown.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!