You must be logged in to post a review.
A perfectly spiced apple quick bread with a sweet cinnamon swirl!
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×5-inch bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. For the bread, in a medium bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
3. In a large bowl, carefully whisk together buttermilk, egg, and applesauce. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in apples.
4. For the swirl, in a small bowl, stir together sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice.
5. Pour a third of the batter into the bottom of prepared bread pan. Sprinkle with a third of the swirl mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and swirl mixture.
6. Carefully swirl a knife through the batter crosswise.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Allow bread to cool for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
9. For the glaze, stir together confectioner’s sugar and milk. Drizzle glaze over warm bread. Serve.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!