You must be logged in to post a review.
A quick loaf of bread that’s dense with a hint of sweetness and a little bit of tang. Perfect for that beer you didn’t really like!
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF and prep a 9×5 loaf pan – spray it with the good cooking spray.
2. You can mix this batter by hand or with your stand mixer. I’m lazy, and I love using the mixer.
3. Toss the flours, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
4. Whisk together to combine.
5. Pour in the beer.
6. Mix together gently until just combined. It’ll get nice and sticky.
7. Pour it into your prepared pan.
8. Top with the melted butter.
9. Bake for 40 minutes. Stab it with a toothpick to check for doneness. It should come out clean.
10. When it’s done, remove it from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before taking it out of the pan to cool completely.
11. Take a big slice for yourself. Savor it without anything on it. Then realize how weird I am and put whatever you want on it.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!