You must be logged in to post a review.
This cornbread is a whole lot of sweet with the addition of juicy, sweet, roasted fresh strawberries. It’s also gluten-free from the combo of cornmeal and almond flour, giving the cornbread a rustic texture while being dense and light at the same time. Add a dollop of creamy butter that has been sweetened with roasted strawberries and a hint of brown sugar! Oh my!
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Lay the strawberries on the baking sheet.
3. Whisk together the coconut oil, honey, and salt, and pour over the strawberries and toss until evenly coated.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the cornbread batter. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the cornmeal, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Mix in the honey, coconut milk, coconut oil, and eggs, until a smooth batter forms.
7. Grease an 8-in. square cake pan with coconut oil.
8. Once the strawberries are finished roasting, fold 1/2 to 3/4 cups of the strawberries into the batter, saving a little bit of the roasted strawberries for the butter (about 1/4 cup). Lower the temperature on the oven to 350ºF.
9. Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
10. To make the butter, put all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well until smooth.
11. Once the cornbread is finished baking, let cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing.
12. Slice and serve with butter.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!