You must be logged in to post a review.
Delicious pumpkin muffins filled with cream cheese and topped with a pecan and cinnamon crumble. Need more convincing to try these?
1. Lightly coat one 12 cup muffin pan with oil or fill with liners. Give the liners a little spray of oil, too. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 egg, and 3 tablespoons of sugar until well combined. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, mix 5 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup flour, pecans, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
5. In the bowl of a stand mixer, lightly beat 2 eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla together until well mixed. Incorporate the flour mixture slowly until a good batter forms.
6. Assemble your bowls in this order: batter, the cream cheese, and finally the pecan mixture.
Start by pouring batter into each muffin cup, filling it almost half way. Next, place about 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mix into each cup. (Feel free to add more, as you’ll end up with extra cream cheese mix at the end.)
Fill the rest of the cup with the batter. Don’t be afraid to fill it up to the top so that when it rises, it blossoms into a nice, big muffin top.
Sprinkle as much of the pecan mix over the top of each muffin as you want. (It can only have delicious consequences.)
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Consume, ignoring the “serving size” if necessary.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!