You must be logged in to post a review.
The scones are chock full of good-for-you ingredients: nutty almond flour, mashed banana, with a touch of sweet agave, vanilla, and ground cinnamon, for a petite scone that is full of flavor, gluten-free, and vegan! Add a simple cinnamon agave glaze for a delicious comfort food breakfast experience!
For the scones:
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. Add the vanilla and agave nectar and mix well.
4. Fold in the bananas and mix again until everything comes together in one big massive ball of dough.
5. Place the dough on the baking sheet and flatten, using your hands.
6. Bake for 15-16 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool. Then slice using a serrated knife into 8 equal pieces.
For the glaze:
1. While the scones are baking, make the glaze.
2. Combine the agave nectar and cinnamon in a small bowl, whisking until smooth.
3. Drizzle the scones with the glaze.
Fresh sweet onions, sharp cheddar, crisp, sweet, nutty corn bead all in one muffin. Perfect as a side to fish or steak, with a picnic or in the morning. Add a grind of black pepper before baking for an extra kick.
Big Mama’s originals get a twist with various herbs and cheeses.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!