You must be logged in to post a review.
Healthy whole wheat muffins loaded with banana, coconut and dates. Such a yummy combination!
1. Place chopped dates in a bowl and pour enough boiling water over them until they are completely submerged. Let them sit for at least 30 minutes and then drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium sized bowl.
4. In a large bowl mix together bananas, sugar/sugar substitute, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix in buttermilk.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Be careful not to over mix. Mix in dates and coconut.
6. Divide evenly into muffin compartments and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!