You must be logged in to post a review.
Lemon Poppy Seed Breakfast Bread with a lemony glaze. Not very sweet, perfect for a weekend breakfast.
1. For the bread: In a medium-sized bowl combine water, yeast and sugar. Let it sit about 5 minutes until foamy. Put beaten egg into a 1-cup measuring cup and add enough milk to equal 1 cup of liquid. Add this into the water/yeast mixture.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer add the flour, salt and poppy seeds. Stir together.
3. Add the yeast/egg mixture, the vegetable oil and the lemon zest to the flour mixture and mix together with the dough hook until a dough forms. Continue mixing on medium speed (about speed 4-6) for about 10 minutes. Cover bowl with some greased plastic wrap and let it rise for about 1 1/2 hours until doubled in size.
4. Grease a 9-inch tart pan well. Form little dough balls and place them in the tart pan in a circular pattern. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise for another hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
6. For the glaze: Stir together the powdered sugar and lemon juice (starting with half of the juice, adding more as needed) until the glaze is smooth. Drizzle over slightly-warm bread and serve.
This bread smells absolutely amazing as it bakes—just try to resist a slice, especially lightly toasted and topped with butter and cinnamon sugar. The sparkling water makes for a fluffy texture without using heavier ingredients like oil, butter, or even eggs!
Chocolate zucchini bread loaded with chocolate chunks and drizzled with an orange-infused chocolate glaze.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!