You must be logged in to post a review.
A hearty bread with a thick crust and tender inside. Perfect with soups, or spread with preserves!
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together wheat flour, oat bran, wheat germ, all-purpose flour, soda, and salt.
4. Using a pastry fork or blender, cut in butter until pieces are as small as possible. If you don’t mind getting dirty, you may just want to use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour.
5. Stir in the buttermilk and molasses until flour mixture is moist and a rough ball begins to form.
6. Turn out dough onto floured surface and gently knead dough into a ball.
7. Place on baking sheet and cut an X into the top, about 1-inch deep.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust turns golden brown and when tapped on bottom, it sounds hollow.
9. Transfer to wire rack and cool.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!