You must be logged in to post a review.
Tender scones loaded with gingerbread flavor and topped with a sweet, white chocolate drizzle!
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt until well-combined.
3. Using a pastry blender or two forks, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In a small bowl, stir together molasses, egg yolk, and milk until combined. Slowly add this to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
5. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. Knead a few times until a soft dough forms. Shape dough into an 8-inch circle. Brush top with egg white. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cut into 8 pieces. Transfer pieces to parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown.
7. Remove scones to a wire rack to cool.
8. Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring between bursts. Drizzle over the tops of the scones. Allow white chocolate to harden before serving.
This recipe is adapted from myrecipes.com.
Fresh sweet onions, sharp cheddar, crisp, sweet, nutty corn bead all in one muffin. Perfect as a side to fish or steak, with a picnic or in the morning. Add a grind of black pepper before baking for an extra kick.
Big Mama’s originals get a twist with various herbs and cheeses.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!