You must be logged in to post a review.
Fresh blueberries in a scrumptious pound cake like coffee cake topped with icing!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a tube pan.
2. In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes, or until thick. Stir constantly and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Add vanilla or almond flavoring.
5. Spoon half of the batter mixture into prepared pan. Spoon half of blueberry mixture into pan. Add remaining batter, then remaining blueberries. Swirl with a knife gently. Sprinkle with pecans, if using.
6. Bake 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan. Place on a serving dish.
7. Prepare glaze: Mix glaze ingredients well. Drizzle over top of cake.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!