You must be logged in to post a review.
Holy cow, these muffins are amazing! Hands down, the best muffin recipe I have ever made in my entire life.
1. Preheat oven to 425 F and line a 12-count muffin pan with paper cups or grease with baking spray.
2. Prepare your crumble first. With clean hands, mix together 1/2 cup light brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon and butter cubes in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 cup blueberries, 1 teaspoon sugar and lemon juice until reduced to 1/4 cup. Use a fork to mash the blueberries together as it heats. When done remove pan from heat and let mixture cool 10-15 minutes.
4. In a large bowl mix 2-1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, mix 1-1/4 cups sugar and eggs together until thick (about 1 minute).
6. Whisk melted butter into sugar mixture, then mix in the yogurt and vanilla. Toss remaining 1 cup of frozen blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour (if using fresh blueberries, omit this step). Set blueberries aside for a moment.
7. Pour wet mix into the dry ingredients bowl then top with the flour coated blueberries and fold together until just moist.
8. Spoon equal parts of batter into the muffin pan and top each muffin with 1 teaspoon of the reduced blueberry mixture. Then sprinkle each muffin with crumble mixture.
9. Bake for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
Adapted from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen Blueberriest Muffins and Blueberry Muffins who adapted it from thebittenword.com. Original source Cook’s Illustrated.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!