You must be logged in to post a review.
This recipe gives you a soft, tender cake donut with a spiced pumpkin aroma. The glaze on top is reminiscent of the classic powdered donut with a hint of cinnamon. These are perfect with a nice hot cup of coffee or warm apple cider.
1. Combine all dry ingredients in the bowl of a large mixer.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
3. Slowly stream the wet ingredients into the dry with the mixer on low.
4. Turn the mixer to medium speed and beat for 30 seconds.
5. Thoroughly grease a donut pan.
6. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into each form.
7. Bake at 325ºF for 10 minutes.
8. Carefully remove from the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
9. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients.
10. Invert the slightly cooled donuts and dip into the glaze. Place back on the rack and allow to cool.
Note: Make sure to grease the pan well between each batch.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!