You must be logged in to post a review.
Lightly spiced, sweet apple muffins with a buttery brown sugar streusel. Perfect with your morning coffee or an afternoon pick-me-up.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin, or line it with paper cups or parchment paper.
2. Make the streusel topping: Combine brown sugar, flour, melted butter and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix until crumbly. Set aside.
3. For the muffins, combine the brown sugar, oil, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix and set aside.
4. Sift together the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Blend the flour into the mixture, alternately with the buttermilk. Add the diced apple. Mix until just combined.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle generously with topping.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown and the top springs back when touched.
Chocolate zucchini bread loaded with chocolate chunks and drizzled with an orange-infused chocolate glaze.
These beauties are nutrient-dense, full of healthy fats, protein and antioxidants. And not to mention, with staying power to keep you fueled well until lunchtime. Be sure you don’t skip the cinnamon in these muffins. Not only does cinnamon have several wonderful health-related effects on the body, but it is magic when paired with blueberries.
I will admit that I adore traditional banana nut bread, but I always feel as though there is something missing. In this recipe, I added cinnamon and nutmeg to provide a warmth and depth of flavor that cannot be achieved any other way. For those of you who say, “I do not like bananas,” you should still give this recipe a try. My husband said that it reminded him of carrot cake!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!