You must be logged in to post a review.
Try this Spanish tapas dish which uses the most desirable and moist part of the tuna, the ventresca, and homemade roasted peppers.
For the homemade roasted red peppers:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190ºC).
2. Wash red peppers and arrange them on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle salt and sugar over the peppers after coating them with the olive oil.
4. Bake until their skin starts to wrinkle and blister (20-25 minutes on each side), keeping a watchful eye on the peppers.
5. Remove pan from the oven, set aside and cool for 20-25 minutes.
6. Carefully remove the skin from the peppers, remove seeds and cut into strips.
For the assembly:
1. Chop fresh parsley.
2. Make a vinaigrette in a small bowl with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and the chopped parsley.
3. Drain the tuna belly or ventresca fillets can.
4. Arrange the roasted pepper strips on a plate.
5. Put tuna belly fillets on the top and dress with the vinaigrette.
6. Serve and enjoy your Spanish tapas recipe with tuna belly fillets and homemade roasted peppers!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!