You must be logged in to post a review.
A great way to make seasoned pretzels without heating up the house.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to mix well. Pour into a large slow cooker, cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours. Make sure to stir it every 30 minutes. Check often to make sure it’s not cooking too quickly as every slow cooker is a bit different.
Remove pretzels from the slow cooker and transfer to parchment lined cookie sheets to allow them to cool and dry. Takes about an hour for them to dry.
Serve with a big old taco lovin’, pretzel lovin’ smile!
- You can totally tone down the spice by only using 1/4 to 1/2 of the taco seasoning. I just like spicy.
- If you find it not mixing well you can add more oil.
- Make sure you adjust your time up or down depending on the size of your crockpot. Mine is huge so 2 hours worked.
- You could leave the lid off to help keep it from burning or cooking too fast. I just didn’t want to heat up my house. Normally I leave the lid off when making party mix in there.
* Recipe adapted from Bake Your Day, cooking method changed.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!