You must be logged in to post a review.
Buffalo chicken is paired with cheese and rolled up into dough, making the perfect football food, or anytime app or snack!
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a pan over medium heat, melt butter and sauté garlic for just a minute or two.
3. Season your chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Add about 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (or more if desired). Stir well and cook until chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through. Set aside.
4. Roll dough into a circle. Place on prepared baking sheet.
5. Spread half of the dough with olive oil. Top the oil with marinara sauce, using as much or as little as desired.
6. Cover with half of the mozzarella cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, and half of the blue cheese. Drizzle with half of the remaining buffalo sauce.
7. Add buffalo chicken mixture, spreading in an even layer.
8. Cover with all of the remaining cheese and buffalo sauce.
9. Fold the other side of the dough over toppings until it reaches the edge and pinch the edges to seal.
10. Brush the top of the calzone with egg white.
11. Using a sharp knife, make slits in the top to allow steam to escape during cooking.
12. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top has puffed up and is golden brown.
13. Then remove the pan from the oven and let the calzone stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with dressing or additional marinara for dipping.
Make holiday entertaining special with this kicked-up version of a classic Brie en Croute.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!